Char Dham Yatra – Travel to Lord Abode
The Char Dham (four abodes) is a set of four pilgrimage sacred sites in Uttarakhand, India.
The great Adi Shankaracharya initiated the Char Dham Yatra is an attempt to revive the Hindu religion during the 8th century.
As per Hindu Religion, pilgrimage is a scared exercise of willpower, humility, and faith, when the devotee travels towards difficult locations, and paths, Surrendering his all problems at the feet of the Deity and forgetting everything but incarnation God in himself.
Holy Places Covered in Char Dham Yatra
- Mussoorie (Kempty Fall)
- GangananiKund (Divine Temple of Rishi Jamdagni )
- Yamunotri Ji
- Uttarkashi (Vishwanath Temple)
- Gangotri Ji
- Tehri Dam
- Rudraprayag Sangam (Confluence of Mandakini&Alaknanda)
- Chamunda Devi Temple
- Kedarnath Ji
- Mana (Last Village of India)
- SaraswatiUdgam (Origin Place)
- Badrinath Ji
- PanchPrayag including Devprayag , Rudraprayag , Nandaprayag , Vishnu Prayag , Karnaprayag
Day 01: Arrival Delhi & proceed to Haridwar. Overnight stay in Haridwar.
- Meet Trendy Explore representative on arrival in Delhi as per your predefined schedule and further proceed to scared city Haridwar.
- Upon arrival check in to the hotel and further you can proceed for a holy dip in Maa Ganga flow, and visit the famous Ganga Aarti at Har Ki Pauri.
- Overnight stay in Haridwar.
Day 02: Haridwar – Barkot (210 km /7 – 8 hours) Height: 1352 Meter. Route Via Mussoorie. Overnight stay in Barkot.
- This day we will start comfortably after having breakfast and have an early morning en route to Barkot city.
- Have a short break at a beautiful waterfall i.e. Kempty fall, Mussoorie.
- Upon reaching Barkot, we will have dinner, relax and stay for Night Halt.
Day 03: Barkot -Yamunotri – Barkot (42 Km & 5 Km Flinty Trek). Overnight stay in Barkot.
- Early Morning departure for JankiChatti via Hanuman Chatti & Fool Chatti.
- On arrival, JankiChatti starts a flinty trek of 05 km for Yamunotri Ji Temple.
- On arrival, Yamunotri Ji, take a holy dip in nature made Garam Kund, then proceed for Pooja and Darshan of Shree Yamunotri Ji.
- After satisfying Darshan and Pooja, in the afternoon, start the trek back to JankiChatti.
- On arrival, JankiChatti meets with the representative of Trendy Explore and drives back to Barkot.
- Overnight relax & stay at Hotel.
Hanuman Chatti: The confluence of two rivers i.e. Hanuman Ganga & Yamuna River. Beautiful view of nature landscape.
Yamunotri Temple: The temple is dedicated to Goddess Yamuna Ji and has a black marble idol of the goddess for workshop their devotee.
Surya Kund: There are several thermal nature made springs in the vicinity of the temple, which flows into numerous pools. The most important of these is the Surya Kund.
Divya Shila: A rock pillar, worshipped before entering the Shree Yamunotri Ji Temple.
Day 04: Barkot – Uttarkashi (100 km / 4 hours) Height : 1158 Meter. Overnight stay in Uttarakashi.
- After having a lavish breakfast start your journey towards Uttarkashi.
- Visit Vishwanath Temple dedicated to Lord Shiva, one of the oldest and most sacred temples in Uttarkashi situated on the bank of river Bhagirathi.
- Check-in into the Uttarkashi hotel.
- Take rest, have food, market visit, and enjoy your leisure day.
Uttarkashi: Uttarkashi is a small and beautiful town in Uttarakhand, situated between two holy rivers; Varuna and Ashi. Uttarkashi’s beautiful landscape totally enthrall you.
- Annapurna Temple
- Bhairav Temple
- Kashi Vishwanath
- Aadi Shakti Mata Darshan (Mahisasur Mardini).
- Parasar Muni Temple
Day 05: Uttarkashi – Ganganani – Gangotri – Harsil – Uttarkashi (120 km / 05 hours) round trip. Overnight stay in Uttarakashi.
- Have a good breakfast and proceed to the holy place of Gangotri Ji in the early morning.
- Firstly offering prayers & darshan of Gauri Ganesha temple, after that proceed to Shree Gangotri Ji Temple Darshan, in last you must have Darshan of scared Surya Kund.
- After Darshan and sightseeing,.drive back to Uttarkashi, en-route visit Gangnani.
- Overnight stay at Uttarkashi.
Gangotri: Gangotri temple is dedicated to Goddess Ganga. It is located near a sacred stone where king Bhagirath worshipped Lord Shiva. Holy river Ganga, as per Hindu religion believed, to have touched earth at this spot. It is a Hindu pilgrim town on the banks of the river Bhagirathi and the origin of the holy river Ganges.
Gangnani: Gangnani is the hot water spring, where you can have a refreshing holy bath in nature made Kund called Rishikund. There is an ancient temple dedicated to the Sage Parashar is believed to be the father of Ved Vyas.
Offer pray and Darshan of Gupteshwar Mahadev temple in Dharali.
Interact with Tibetan Culture and people, and purchased famous beans (Rajma) in Harsil.
Day 06: Uttarkashi – Guptkashi – Sitapur (290 km / 8-9 hours). Overnight stay in Sitapur.
- Departure early in the morning with a packed breakfast for the almost day-long drive to Sitapur via Guptkashi.
- On the way, you would pass through Tehri Dam (The Hydro Electric Project) on river Ganga, the biggest man-made lake enjoy water sport and lunch here.
- This stretch is the longest road travel in between the places of entire Chardham Yatra destinations.
- Overnight relax and stay in the hotel at Sitapur/Guptkashi.
Day 07: Sitapur – Phata/Sirsi – Kedarnath – Phata-Sitapur. Overnight stay in Sitapur.
- This is the Chardham Yatra most wanted and toughest part “The Darshan Of Shree Kedarnath Ji”. Here many pilgrims/devotees have their own choices and preferences of travel as per their physical ability and comfort.
- The stay in Kedarnath Ji is an amazing and wonderfully memorable experience for devotees. In the evening when all the pilgrims get a chance to attend the evening Aarti and Rudra Abhishekam of Lord Shiva.
- Visit holy Gauri Kund
- Darshan of Shree Kedarnath Ji Temple
- Visit holy BhimShila
- Chance to meet honorable Gurus and Sadhus Maharaj Ji meditating for a long time in Kedarnath.
- You must prefer to stay in Kedarnath Ji in Govt provided camps or huts or private accommodation available.
Shri Kedarnath Ji Darshan Facility –
- Darshan By Helicopter: Make an advance reservation for helicopter tickets for Shri Kedarnath Ji, you can return on the same day to Sitapur or Phata base after having darshan. It all depends on their helicopter service conditions, weather situation, and last moment availability. Helicopter Booking – Contact Us
- Darshan By Trekking/ Pony ride /Palaki: This will be Life’s Most scared walk towards Lord Abode, where you will selfless before presenting yourself in front of The Almighty.
- Early morning departure by the motor drive to Sonprayag – Gaurikund (07 km).
- The holy trek is 19 Km long from Sonprayag with a beautiful landscape.
- Rest, slow pace walk, peace of mind, and deep breath walking strategies are always helpful in completing this kind of hard rocky holy trek.
- On arrival, Kedarnath freshening up yourself, perform Pooja Darshan rituals, and Darshan at the Lord Shri Kedarnath Ji.
- Maximum and generally all trekkers to Shri Kedarnath Ji use to stay overnight here.
Day 08: Return to Sitapur after a trek of 06 hours. Overnight stay in Sitapur.
- Attend early morning aarti and darshan of Shri Kedarnath Ji, take some rest, and get ready to move back Sonprayag.
- Sonprayag to Guptkund to Sitapur to hotel travel by Moter. On this day we will stay in Sitapur to keep buffer time in hand to handle any last moment delay because of bad weather or any technical or medical reason. This is the best way to arrange an itinerary or program for both trekkers and flyers to Shri Kedarnath Ji.
- You should cover the sightseeing or Darshan of Shri Triyugi Narayan Temple. (Optional and Chargeable Extra) for maximum use of this day if we stay in Sitapur.
Day 09: Sitapur – Chopta – Badrinath (220 km / 07-08 hours). Overnight stay in Badrinath.
- After having a good breakfast, we will proceed to the Shree Badrinath Ji towards the Chopta-Pipalkoti-Joshimath-Govindghat route.
- On the way have a panoramic view of the amazing Chopta & Himalayan Ranges.
- En-route, we will chance to view of 03 major Prayags (Confluence of Holy rivers) by visiting Vishnuprayag, Karnprayag, Nandprayag.
- We will reach Shree Badrinath Ji in the evening and night stay in Shree Badrinath Ji. If we reach on time then we can make a short visit to the temple to participate in evening Aarti.
- Overnight stay and relax flowed by dinner.
Day 10: Badrinath – Joshimath – Rudraprayag – (170 km /06 hours). Overnight stay in Rudraprayag.
- Early Morning takes a holy dip in Tapt Kund.
- Having Darshan and offering of Badri Vishal.
- This is a day to completion of your all pending rituals and karmas. At this Moksha Dham Shree Badrinath Ji, your quest for salvation will be completed.
- Having Darshan of ‘Nag Nagin Pith’ (One of the important places in India for Sarpkal Dosh Nivaran).
- Short Visit to Mana Village, the last village of India, situated in India -Tibet Border. (Vyas Cave, Ganesha Cave, Keshav Prayag, Darshan of holy river Saraswati Udgam (origin) place).
- Charan Paduka Darshan.
- Short visit of Ekadasi Gufa & hanuman Gufa.
- Late morning or by maximum afternoon departure to Rudraprayag.
Shree Badrinath Ji: Cradled in the twin Mountain ranges of Nar and Narayan is the holiest of the four main shrines. Shree Badrinath Ji situated along the left bank of river Alaknanda with the towering Neelkantha Peaks as the splendid backdrop.
Narad Kund: A recess in the river, near Tapt Kund, forming a pool from where the Badrinath idol was recovered.
BrahamaKapal: It is a flat platform a few yards north of the temple and on the bank of river Alaknanda. It is an important place for shradh ceremony or offering of (Pinds) to ensure a heavenly place for dead ancestors or manes.
Sheshnetra: It is a large block of stone between two small seasonal lakes carrying an eye of “Sheshnag” The eye formation is quite natural, 1.5kms. away is a boulder having an impression of the legendary serpent, better known as the Sheshnag’s eye, it is believed that the Sheshnag waits at this place patiently to accompany the lord on his reincarnation.
Mana Village: Inhabited by an Indo-Mongolian tribe, it is the last Indian village before Tibet. The women of the village offer Choli to the deity on the closing day of the temple each year.
BhimPul: On the other side of Mana village, a massive rock forming a natural bridge, lies over the roaring Saraswati river. It presents a spectacular view of water thundering down through the narrow passage under the rock and is believed to have been placed there by Bhim, the second eldest among the five Pandava brothers.
Vyas Gufa (cave): Near Mana Village, this is a rock-cave where Ved Vyas is believed to have composed the Mahabharata and the (Pauranic) commentaries.
Day 11: Rudraprayag – Devprayag – Rishikesh (120 km/05 hours). Overnight stay in Rishikesh.
- Early morning having good breakfast, departure towards Rishikesh.
- We will make a short visit and darshan to Maha Rudra Temple at Sangam confluence of Alaknanda & Mandakini(Rudraprayag). Here we can have Darshan of Maa Chamunda Devi Shakti Peeth.
- On the way towards Rishikesh, we will visit of 05th and last Prayag – Dev Prayag confluence of Alaknanda & Bhagirathi.
- Arrive in Rishikesh and you will visit Laxman Jhula and Ram Jhula. The best way to visit this part of Rishikesh is to enter by Laxman Jhula and exit from Ram Jhula. You can also visit so many Ghats, temples, and beautiful Ashrams. Rishikesh is the next home of Sadhus & Saints. It is also called the Capital land of Yoga.
- Overnight stay and relax at Rishikesh.
Day 12: Depart to Delhi Airport \ Railway Station – as per your schedule.
- After having a lavish breakfast, depart to Delhi and proceed to your home destination as per your schedule.